GothCon (Gothenburg) V:tES events, including the Swedish Con

This forum is dedicated to English speaking only.
All subjects are welcome.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs, V:EKN France

Répondre
Johannes Walch
Ancillae
Ancillae

GothCon (Gothenburg) V:tES events, including the Swedish Con

Message par Johannes Walch »

When: The GothCon convention is held during the Easter holiday. Which if I'm correct means March 21-23, 2008.

Events: During the Friday (March 21) we will host a limited internal recursion draft featuring 7 boosters of a current set. The tournament will start at 10 am and it will feature two qualifying rounds and then finals. This event will most likely cost 150 SEK.
During the Saturday (March 22) we will host the Swedish qualifier for continental championships during the 2008 season. This will be a standard constructed event. It will start at 10 am and it will feature three qualifying rounds and a finals. The top 25% of the non-qualified players qualify for continental championships that are hosted during 2008, including the EC in Prague (Czech Republic) and the NAC in Montreal (Canada). This event will cost 50 SEK.

Special info: Since these events are hosted at the GothCon convention you are required to pay the convention fee to be able to attend any events. I don’t have the current 2008 GothCon admission cost but it’s usually a matter of about 300 SEK for all three days. Once you’ve paid the convention fee you’re allowed to participate in all GothCon sponsored events. Most are free, but some (like the V:tES events) cost extra.

Accommodations: Once you’ve paid the convention fee you have access to the most basic form of accommodation. You’re free to use the floor in the designated sleeping halls at the convention. Meaning lots of people in the same big gymnasium hall and only the stuff you bring yourself to sleep on. But what the heck, it’s “free”.
If you want something fancier (which I’m sure that many of you do) you can either get yourself a hotel or hostel room. Or you can contact me and I’ll check with the local players if they have some extra floor space. Please note that the Hotel Lorensberg (that offered us cheap hotel rooms during the EC before it got overcrowded with Rolling Stones fans) usually offers GothCon visitors rooms at reduced prices. I can’t find any information about this on the GothCon website at this time, but I’m sure you can ask the hotel.

The rest of the info: Well, if you have any questions, then e-mail me on aek[at]student[dot]chalmers[dot]se and I will do my best to try to help you out.
Regards
your humble host
Répondre